Farm Stay Accommodation, Gippsland Coastal Plains
Barooma is a 155 acre working cattle and sheep farm offering a farm stay experience and comfortable accomodation in the Homestead Shearer’s Quarters. Barooma is at Giffard in Gippsland, Victoria. A short drive from Seaspray and the famous Ninety Mile Beach.
Barooma is a haven not to be missed.
A treat for the senses and the perfect place to stay if you’re looking for a regional getaway, a relaxing escape, or temporary sea change. The space is ideal for groups with plenty of parking for cars, trailers, caravans and horse floats. Kick back and listen to the distant breaking waves as you watch the cattle (or maybe a kangaroo) on your doorstep.
Barooma Homestead is steeped in history, dating back to the 1800’s. The comfortably updated shearer’s quarters used to be a hive of activity during shearing time on what was originally a 5000 acre farm. Barooma is now a small family-owned and run farm with quaint accommodation, modern amenities and a combination of historical and modern dwellings.
When staying at Barooma you can enjoy spectacular sunrises, settle with your favourite beverage by the fire as the sun sets, and soak up the stunning evening stargazing opportunities. Whether you are a corporate team, a family, group of friends, club or sporting group looking for a unique farm stay experience in Victoria, Barooma is the place to be.
Comfortable, fully equipped and self-contained, Barooma Shearer’s Quarters offer excellent accommodation in a peaceful setting where you can really get back to nature.
Our accommodation consists of two buildings that can collectively sleep up to 12 people:
DWELLING 1: SELF CONTAINED UNIT
- 2 bedrooms (BR1 : double bed x 1 / BR2: double bed with bunk x 1)
- Bathroom with shower, basin and toilet
- Cosy lounge room with wood fire & TV
- Full kitchen with fridge, free standing stove, oven, microwave, toaster and kettle
DWELLING 2: FIVE PRIVATE BEDROOMS WITH SEPARATE KEY ENTRY
- 5 bedrooms in total
- 2 bedrooms with 1 double bed
- 3 bedrooms with 2 single beds
- Communal bathroom with 3 showers, 2 basins and 2 toilets
- Communal laundry with washing machine
$400.00 per night up to 4 guests. Minimum of 2 nights stay. Extra guests $90 per guest per night. Minimum of 2 nights stay. Minimum of 3 nights stay for long weekends including Christmas and Easter.
- MINIMUM 2 NIGHTS STAY
- All linen and towels provided
- BBQ Available.
- Fly screens on windows
- Tea and coffee provided
- Starter pack firewood is provided but additional firewood can be purchased if needed
- No dogs or pets allowed.
- Breakfast hampers can be provided on request. (Get in touch to find out more)
- Fires are not permitted during high fire banned days
- Guests can participate in farm activities.
- BYO food, drink, and toiletries.
Short drive to the Ninety Mile Beach, Seaspray, and the Seaspray Surf Life Saving Club. The beach is used for swimming, surfing, surf fishing and beachcombing. More info
Tarra Bulga national park, with waterfalls, hiking tracks and more.
Trinculo ship wreck, Golden Beach